Its my birthday today! As with any good birthday I'm going out drinking with some friends and I don't feel bothered to write a real article. With that theme in mind I'm going to share with you all a drinking game I made up a few days ago and will probably be playing quite soon.
So with out further ado I present
This game is quite simple is designed to be played during an EDH game with 3-8 players (though the recommended is 4-6). If you are unfamiliar with EDH/Commander the basic rules for it are here: http://mtgcommander.net/rules.php
This game is going to make you drink...a lot...so I say play with beer, particularly one you like. Besides lots of beer, friends, and commander deck the only other thing you need is something to take a shot of...I would make that tasty as well.
The rules are as follows:
- Damage dealt to you, or a planeswalker you control - One drink for each point of damage
- Damage your General receives - One drink for each point
- Your General dies to combat damage - One shot
- Your General is exiled - Drink the CMC of the card that caused the exile (in seconds)
- You retrieve your General from exile without returning it to the command zone - Opponent who originally exiled your general drinks for the CMC of the card used to retrieve it (in seconds)
- Your General is bounced to your hand - One drink for every card in your hand
- Your General is bounced to your deck - One drink during your upkeep until your General is cast again, or your general is returned to the command zone
- Your general deals damage - Defending opponent drinks for the amount of damage dealt
- You lose - Finish your drink
- You win - You hand out drinks equal to your remaining life
And basically thats it. Every thing besides the rules above is standard Commander rules.
If you have any questions about my rules, or things you would change, or maybe house rules you added (if you tried this), you should leave them in the comments so we can make this the best game we can.
Besides that everyone drink responsibly, know your limits, and don't drive. Have a great weekend see you on Friday for Sefahs article and Sunday for a stream!