Thursday, March 28, 2013
Review Time: Starcraft 2 (part 2)
So I finished up the campaign and played a lot of multiplayer and here is my over all thoughts...its the same game. Now this isnt a bad thing because this is an expansion pack really but in hind sight I would be writing the same review again. So instead I'm gonna write some quick things they improved in HotS and just some things I like in general.
1. Your workers automatically start mining when the map starts. This is sooo great it seems like not a big deal but it was the only option you had so why not make it automatic.
2. AI match making. I believe this may have been introduced in a patch before HotS but either way it's a good feature to help you train up a bit.
3. Tempests!!!!!!!! Now this may be a bias but those god forsaken siege machine are a wonderful tool and have a longer range than tanks so I'm a happy camper.
4. Hellbats!!!! I don't know how useful they are yet but I like them.
5. Zerg not getting any good additions! Okay this is 100% bias but fuck zerg their kit is strong enough (sore Protoss player)
Anyway I could keep going but you get the drift there are things like having giat control groups in stead of a 20 cap and being able to queue actions that i forgot to mention about the last game too, but over all its just the same game with some touch ups and new units.
I will say the story line does not disappoint its got i wanna say 20-30 missions tons of fun upgrade from zerglings that can jump up and down cliffs to undying ultralisks. Also you control Kerrigan as a hero unit that you can level up though out the game. Its satisfying and challenging.
Needless to say if you don't own it grab it and if you don't own either they come bundled for 60 which is not that bad so I'd say if your looking to get into RTS this is the one to start with.
See you sunday! (Now to wait for Legacy of the Void)